Site-wide links

90% of Magazine & Newspaper Publishers Producing Mobile Content

Mobile



December 20, 2012 -- In 2009, the Alliance for Audited Media (then known as the Audit Bureau of Circulations) first surveyed its U.S. and Canadian newspaper, magazine and business publication members to learn more about their digital initiatives and strategic plans. At that time, 51% of publications had developed mobile-optimized content. Four years later, the number has jumped to 90%, with the remaining 10% expected to join suit within the next 12 months -- and the question has shifted from strategies to the profitability of digital efforts.

Additional findings from the study, How Media Companies are Innovating and Investing in Cross-Platform Opportunities, conducted by the AAM in conjunction with Roslow Research:

PUBLISHING ON MULTIPLE PLATFORMS
 


MOBILE PROFITABILITY
 



Source: AAM, How Media Companies are Innovating and Investing in Cross-Platform Opportunities, 2012

 

 



Source: AAM, How Media Companies are Innovating and Investing in Cross-Platform Opportunities, 2012

 


CHARGING CONSUMERS FOR ACCESS
 

 

 

 


PRAGMATISM ABOUT PRINT
 



About: The survey's in-tab sample consisted of 210 respondents. Interviews were completed online between October 8-26, 2012. Of the 210 respondents, 188 currently distribute mobile content. Type of publications surveyed: Consumer Magazine (58), Newspaper (122), Business Publication (24), Other (6).


Source: Alliance for Audited Media, How Media Companies are Innovating and Investing in Cross-Platform Opportunities, accessed December 21, 2012.